Back to Recipes
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 heaped tbsp of basil pesto
- 250g Galbani Ricotta
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 300g spaghetti
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place tomatoes on a flat baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Place tomatoes in oven and cook for 30 minutes making sure every 10 minutes to shake the tray to stop tomatoes from sticking (oven times may vary, so keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn). Once ready turn the oven off and gently press each one with the back of a fork so they leak juice. Then leave the tomatoes in the oven with the door open until they have cooled.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, boil a large pot of salted water on the stove. Add spaghetti, stirring occasionally for around 8-10 minutes until al dente (check the packet for exact times).
- In the meantime, spray a non-stick fry pan lightly with olive oil and gently toast the almonds for around 3-4 minutes or until golden, making sure you shake the pan frequently so they don’t burn. Once almonds have cooled, roughly chop them.
- Once cooked, drain but reserve a small amount of cooking water and set aside. Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the pesto through the spaghetti and the reserved water while it is still warm and can absorb the flavours of the pesto.
- To serve, place a generous serving of pesto spaghetti on each plate, tumble the roasted tomatoes across the top and finish with a heaped teaspoon of Galbani Ricotta and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.