Back to Recipes
- 400g penne pasta
- 250g Galbani Ricotta
- 2 eggplants
- 500g canned tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Peanut oil for frying
- Black pepper
- Wash the eggplant and cut into uniform pieces. Salt them and let the bitter water drain out in a colander.
- In the meantime saute the garlic in plenty of olive oil in a saucepan, add the canned tomatoes and cook over low heat until soft and easily crushed with a fork. Crush them, return to heat and thicken, adding plenty of basil (at least 10 large leaves), salt and coarsely ground pepper.
- While the sauce cooks over low heat, wash the eggplant with cold water to remove the excess salt and then dry well with a clean cloth.
- Flour lightly and fry in hot peanut oil.
- Prepare a pan with paper towels and drain the fried eggplant.
- Cook the penne pasta in salted boiling water and in the meantime remove the tomato sauce from heat and add the Galbani Ricotta.
- When ready, stir pasta into the tomato and Galbani Ricotta mixture, arrange on a plate and serve with the fried eggplant.