Back to Recipes
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE SHORT CRUST PASTRY:
- 200g flour
- 100g butter
- 70ml cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 red capsicums
- 80g bacon
- 250g Galbani Ricotta
- 50g pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper
To make the short crust pastry
- Blend the butter (straight from the refrigerator), salt and flour in a blender until dry and crumbly.
- Pour out onto a clean, cold (marble, metal or glass) work surface, create a fountain and begin adding very cold water while kneading quickly.
- Gradually add the water a little at a time until the dough becomes smooth and elastic; wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 40 minutes.
To make the filling
- In the meantime wash the capsicums and finely dice, making sure to remove all the seeds.
- Sauté over medium heat in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil for 10 minutes until crisp; cool. In the meantime dice the bacon, brown in a non-stick pan and add the capsicums.
- In a large bowl stir together the Galbani Ricotta, the pecorino cheese, eggs and pepper, and mix well. Remove the short crust pastry from the refrigerator, roll out and place in a round pan lined with baking paper.
- Once the dough is arranged in the pan with edges sticking out, add the capsicum and ricotta mixture and spread evenly; fold the edges back and bake in a hot oven at 180°C for 25 minutes. Serve warm with a side salad.
Handy Hint: Use store-purchased short crust pastry to save time in the kitchen.