Back to Recipes
- 500g Galbani Ricotta
- 4 lasagne sheets
- 450g asparagus
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 4 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 cups béchamel sauce
- FOR THE BÉCHAMEL SAUCE:
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium brown onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 32g plain flour
- 1 2/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook lasagne sheets according to package directions. Reserve.
- Blanch asparagus in salted water for 1 minute. Chill in ice water. Remove and dry. Reserve spears and separate.
- Mix 2 cm asparagus pieces, Galbani Ricotta, pine nuts, and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Lay lasagna sheets out flat and line each with a slice of prosciutto. Evenly spread ricotta mixture over prosciutto.
- Roll up lasagna with mixture, ending with reserved asparagus spears. Turn rolletes on end so that spears lay flat and spiral can be seen from the sides.
- Place rolletes in individual baking dishes, each topped with 250 ml béchamel sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes to warm through. Drizzle each with olive oil. Top with parsley.
To make the sauce
- Melt butter until foaming in medium saucepan on medium.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes making sure not to brown.
- Whisk in milk slowly and bring mixture to boil. Stir in nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.