Back to Recipes
- 3 x 120g of Galbani Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 2-3 large eggplants
- 1L tomato sauce or passata
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 300g of grated parmesan
- Handful fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the eggplant into slices about 3-4 mm thick.
- Fry the eggplant in plenty of oil then drain on a kitchen towel. Add salt to further drain any moisture.
- Fry the chopped onion in a little oil, add the tomato sauce and a couple of leaves of basil.
- Bring the tomato sauce mixture to the boil, reduce heat, add a pinch of salt and cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- In a baking dish, pour over 2 large spoonfuls of the tomato sauce and arrange a first layer of eggplant.
- Cover each eggplant slice with a slice of Galbani Fresh Mozzarella , a little grated parmesan and a little ground black pepper.
- Cover with further eggplant slices and repeat the process, finishing with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Generously sprinkle with parmesan and bake in the oven at 200°C for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
Share This Recipe, Choose Your Platform!