Back to Recipes
- 4 medium chicken breasts, skin on
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut in small wedges
- 1 whole bulb garlic, cut in half with the skin left on
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsps dried thyme
- 180g Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Pre-Sliced
- 1 punnet truss cherry tomatoes
- to serve
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In an oven proof dish or 3-4 cm deep oven tray that just fits the chicken breasts, drizzle the base with a little olive oil.
- Cover the base with the red onion wedges, top with the halved bulb of garlic.
- Arrange the chicken breasts, skin upwards on top of the onions and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the whole dish and especially the chicken skin with the dried oregano.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked through, the skin is slightly golden and the onion and garlic is soft and just starting to caramelize.
- Remove from the oven, scatter the slices of Galbani Fresh Mozzarella, thyme leaves and truss cherry tomatoes over the chicken, return to the oven to cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
- The dish is ready when the chicken is cooked through but still moist and the tomatoes have just started to collapse and the mozzarella is soft and melted.
- Serve decorated with basil leaves.
- TIP – serve with crusty white sourdough bread to mop up the delicious pan juices.
Share This Recipe, Choose Your Platform!