Back to Recipes
- 900g Galbani Ricotta, drained
- 65g plain sweet buscuits, ground
- 60g almonds, ground
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 200g sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp amaretto
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon peel
- Drain ricotta overnight in refrigerator in a colander lined with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix sweet biscuits, almonds, and butter in a small bowl. Press into bottom of a greased 23 cm spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Puree Ricotta in food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add egg yolks, sugar, zest, vanilla, salt, amaretto, and flour. Blend for 15 seconds. Remove to a large bowl.
- Whip egg whites with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into ricotta mixture 1/3 at a time until just blended.
- Spread mixture on top of cooled crust and bake in middle of oven until center of cake is just set, about 1 hour to 1 hour, 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let cake rest for 15 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to release cake from sides. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before removing from pan. Garnish with fresh raspberries and lemon peel when serving.
Share This Recipe, Choose Your Platform!